|Top 12 Trip Photos||Detailed Journal||Breif Journal|
New Zealand portion of trip - Red biked;
Green Bus Napier to Wellington; Boat Wellington to Picton, Train Greymouth to Christchurch; Rental Car Christchurch to Queenstown to Christchurch
Figure - Map of New Zealand with numbers representing each night's sleeping location. See list of locations and respective numbers below.
1. North of Te Aro Ha, New Zealand
2. Between Ngongotaha and Rotoiti Lake near Moose Lodge
3. Huka Falls
4. Kennedy Campground in Napier
5. Rest Stop at Ngakuta Bay
6. Front of lake at Rotoiti Lake
7. On Road pullout south of Inangahua Junction
8. Youth Hostel in Greymouth
9. Backpacker's hostel in Christchurch
10. Rental car between Christchurch and turn off to Mount Cook
11-12. Queenstown Lodge near lake in Queenstown - 2 nights
13. In rental car on Arthur's Pass
Australia portion of bike trip - mostly Car, Plane and boat travel. Ted only cycled amount 22 miles in Tasmania and 14.3 miles in the Blue Mountains of New South Whales. Not enough miles to illustrate on below map.
Figure - Map of Australia with numbers representing each night's sleeping location. See list of locations and respective numbers below.
14. Oxford Koala Motel in Sydney, Australia
15. Slept on train going from Sydney to Brisbane, Australia
16-17. Motel at Airlie Beach, Australia
18-20. Lyons Motel in Cairns, Australia
21. Camped near satellite dish on hill in Hobart, Tasmania
22. New Sydney Hotel Hostel in Hobart, Tasmania
23. Slept in car on the way to Cradle Mountain
24. Slept in car on the way to Hartz Mountain
25. Slept on train to Sydney
26. Camped near Blackheath on Megalond Valley road.
27. Camped near Perry Lookdown on the rim of Grande Canyon of the Blue Mountains
28. Slept on plane back to New Mexico