T18 ALL PHOTOS – Australia 06

This Royal-Spoonbill bird was in the water south of Tweed Heads. These Straw-Necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) birds were seen in several part of the Australia coast. This sign was found near the lighthouse in Byron Bay. It looked like the actual most easterly point was at the end of a trail at the bottom of the hill. I think this is a Cabbage Tree. I saw it near a surfers beach South of Byron Bay.
Tweed Heads, NSW, Australia New South Wales, Australia Byron Bay, NSW, Australia Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
I saw several of these Australian Pelican (Pelicanus conspicillatus) during my ride. This was the only large snake I saw in Australia. It's dead and it might be a Python I had a Crocodile pie at this fast food take out restaurant, Fredo Pies in Frederickson, New South Wales When I stopped at rest stop near the Pacific Highway I often meet people that were traveling. These people were on their way to see relatives near Sydney for Christmas
New South Wales, Australia New South Wales, Australia Frederickson, NSW, Australia New South Wales, Australia
Ted in front of the Sydney opera house Ted near Harbor bridge in Sydney Ted's bike parked as he prepares to bike crossing the Harbor bridge in Sydney Ted's camp at Shellharbour. It was a rainy day so I had my panniers covered with rain flies.
Sydney, NSW, Australia Sydney, NSW, Australia Sydney, NSW, Australia Shellharbour, NSW, Australia
Australian Magpie on a picnic table at the campground in Shellharbour Ted's bike with an Australian Fern Tree next to the Pacific Highway. A Galah (Eolophus roseicapilla albiceps) south of Batemans Bay This Crimson Rosella ( Platycercus elegans) was clipped by a car and the driver of the car was going to bring it to a wildlife hospital.
Shellharbour, NSW, Australia New South Wales, Australia New South Wales, Australia New South Wales, Australia
Ted saw several bulls in a field and when he walked over to the fence they came up to welcome him. Here is a photo of the lead bull. Ted saw these people looking at him in Eden and he went over to talk with them. They said they saw him (Ted) biking on Christmas day. Then Ted had the Australian family pose for this photo next to his bike. Terry took this photo of Ted entering the State of Victoria. This sign was across the street from the welcome to Victoria sign, so Ted had Terry take this photo of him with his bike.
New South Wales, Australia New South Wales, Australia Victoria, Australia New South Wales, Australia
I meet and bike with a man named Terry that was from Edmund, Alberta, Canada. This photo is of Ted and Terry at their Campsite in Genoa. This was an old Store at Cabbage Tree Creek. I don't think it was still used as a store. Ted's bike on the East Gippsland Rails to Trails bike trail. The trail was not paved, but was very easy to ride and beat cycling the traffic filed Pacific Highway. Ted at the bottom of Stony Creek Trestle Bridge. This bridge is part of the East Gippsland rail to trail. The bridge is closed and you can only view the bridge from the bottom or behind a fence at the top on the west end. The east end of the bridge is missing.
Victoria, Australia Victoria, Australia Victoria, Australia Victoria, Australia
This bird looks like a mix between an Australian Black Swan and a white Swan. The bird was seen from Nicholson Rail Trail Bridge on the East Gippsland Rail Trail. Ted's bike on a bridge over Mitchell River in Bairnsdale Sulphur Crested Cockatoo near campground in Bairnsdale Sulphur Crested Cockatoo near campground in Bairnsdale
Victoria, Australia Bairnsdale, VIC, Australia Bairnsdale, VIC, Australia Bairnsdale, VIC, Australia
Court House in Bairnsdale Dead Australian Blue Tongue lizard in road. This bird looks like an Australian darter. It was seen next to the Pacific Highway. This man had Ted over for tea and was staying at Park Lane Tourist park for a week in this small trailer near Traralgon.
Bairnsdale, VIC, Australia zzz zzz zzz
Ted's bike at the Train station in Melbourne Masked Lapwing seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong. Dusky Moorhen seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong. Man holding dead Sting Ray in swimming area in Geelong
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Prison cells that made Fort Queenscliff famous in 1912 by placing several 15 year old kids in the cells for 3 months for not attending military service on Saturday afternoon. Black lighthouse in Fort Queenscliff. This is one of the only black lighthouses in the world. Vue Grand Hotel in Queenscliff I saw several sign for selling manure - cow, sheep and horse. This was the best price I saw for poo.
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Ted's bike waiting for boat at Queenscliff. I took this ferry to Sorrento Ted's bike on the boat from Queenscliff to Sorrento Incumbent Biker that Ted met near Sorrento Cape Barren Goose near Cowes on Phillips Island
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Penguin visitor center on Phillips Island Rainbow Lorikeet on Phillips Island Squid at Cowes on Phillips Island Trolley Car in Melbourne
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Black Australian Swan in the Yarra River in Melbourne This is the room of a house that overlooking the east end of the Great Ocean Road. Here's Ted near the sign pointing to Teddy's Lookout near Lorne Ted and Andrea saw this Echidna crossing the road in Lorne. It was in someone's front yard and would not let Ted get a photo of its face.
zzz zzz zzz zzz
This was the first Kangaroo Ted saw on this trip to Australia. It was in someone's front yard in Lorne, Andrea and Ted thought it was going to go into the dog house. This was the first Koala Bear Ted saw in the wild. It was near Kennet River. This is the one that moved the most and Ted was able to get a great short movie of it climbing the tree. Most of the Koala Bear Ted saw near Kennet River were sleeping like this one. They sleep for 18 hours a day. Another Koala Bear sleeping in a tree near Kennet River
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Koala Bear near road close to Apollo. The bus in the background is parked on the shoulder of the Great Ocean Road. A zoomed in photo of the Koala bear in the above photo. Ted and Andrea at the entrance to Otway Fly Tree Top Walk Tower behind Ted at Otway Fly Tree Top Walk. The tower is 47 meter over the forest floor.
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Photo of Andrea taken by Ted while he is in the room of the 47 meter tower. Ted reading the trail guide on the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk. Andrea on the trail leaving Otway Fly Tree Top Walk View of the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk looking up from the forest floor.
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Ted at the Big Tree near Otway Fly Tree Top trail Andrea and Ted with 12 Apostles The Arch near the Great Ocean Road The London Bridge rock formation near the Great Ocean Road. Supposedly their used to be a land bridge between the main land and the arch. When the land bridge broke some tourist were on the arch and had to be rescued by helicopter
zzz zzz zzz zzz
This rock formation is called the Grotto and is near Peterborough off the Great Ocean Road Rock tower at the Bay of Martyrs or Bay of Islands. Historic Vehicles in grass field at the motel (Central motel) we stay in at Port Fairy Historic Vehicles near car show in Port Fairy
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Pied Oyster Catcher Surfer at beach in Port Fairy Surfer at beach in Port Fairy Kangaroo with baby in pouch at Tower Hills State Game Reserve. It had just rained and the kangaroos were drinking water off the roads. A pair of Kangaroo at Tower Hill
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Koala bear with its young at Tower Hill State Game Reserve Emu at Tower Hill State Game Reserve Koala bear at Tower Hill State Game Reserve Kangaroo at Tower Hill State Game Reserve
zzz zzz zzz zzz
Emu at Tower Hill State Game Reserve Australian Magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen tibicen) at Tower Hill State Game Reserve.
zzz zzz

This Royal-Spoonbill bird was in the water south of Tweed Heads.

This Royal-Spoonbill bird was in the water south of Tweed Heads.

These Straw-Necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) birds were seen in several part of the Australia coast.

These Straw-Necked Ibis (Threskiornis spinicollis) birds were seen in several part of the Australia coast.

This sign was found near the lighthouse in Byron Bay. It looked like the actual most easterly point was at the end of a trail at the bottom of the hill.

This sign was found near the lighthouse in Byron Bay. It looked like the actual most easterly point was at the end of a trail at the bottom of the hill.

I think this is a Cabbage Tree. I saw it near a surfers beach South of Byron Bay.

I think this is a Cabbage Tree. I saw it near a surfers beach South of Byron Bay.

I saw several of these Australian Pelican (Pelicanus conspicillatus) during my ride.

I saw several of these Australian Pelican (Pelicanus conspicillatus) during my ride.

This was the only large snake I saw in Australia. It's dead and it might be a Python

This was the only large snake I saw in Australia. It’s dead and it might be a Python

I had a Crocodile pie at this fast food take out restaurant, Fredo Pies in Frederickson, New South Wales

I had a Crocodile pie at this fast food take out restaurant, Fredo Pies in Frederickson, New South Wales

When I stopped at rest stop near the Pacific Highway I often meet people that were traveling. These people were on their way to see relatives near Sydney for Christmas

When I stopped at rest stop near the Pacific Highway I often meet people that were traveling. These people were on their way to see relatives near Sydney for Christmas

Ted in front of the Sydney opera house

Ted in front of the Sydney opera house

Ted near Harbor bridge in Sydney

Ted near Harbor bridge in Sydney

Ted's bike parked as he prepares to bike crossing the Harbor bridge in Sydney

Ted’s bike parked as he prepares to bike crossing the Harbor bridge in Sydney

Ted's camp at Shellharbour. It was a rainy day so I had my panniers covered with rain flies.

Ted’s camp at Shellharbour. It was a rainy day so I had my panniers covered with rain flies.

Australian Magpie on a picnic table at the campground in Shellharbour

Australian Magpie on a picnic table at the campground in Shellharbour

Ted's bike with an Australian Fern Tree next to the Pacific Highway.

Ted’s bike with an Australian Fern Tree next to the Pacific Highway.

A Galah (Eolophus roseicapilla albiceps) south of Batemans Bay

A Galah (Eolophus roseicapilla albiceps) south of Batemans Bay

This Crimson Rosella ( Platycercus elegans) was clipped by a car and the driver of the car was going to bring it to a wildlife hospital.

This Crimson Rosella ( Platycercus elegans) was clipped by a car and the driver of the car was going to bring it to a wildlife hospital.

Ted saw several bulls in a field and when he walked over to the fence they came up to welcome him. Here is a photo of the lead bull.

Ted saw several bulls in a field and when he walked over to the fence they came up to welcome him. Here is a photo of the lead bull.

Ted saw these people looking at him in Eden and he went over to talk with them. They said they saw him (Ted) biking on Christmas day. Then Ted had the Australian family pose for this photo next to his bike.

Ted saw these people looking at him in Eden and he went over to talk with them. They said they saw him (Ted) biking on Christmas day. Then Ted had the Australian family pose for this photo next to his bike.

Terry took this photo of Ted entering the State of Victoria.

Terry took this photo of Ted entering the State of Victoria.

This sign was across the street from the welcome to Victoria sign, so Ted had Terry take this photo of him with his bike.

This sign was across the street from the welcome to Victoria sign, so Ted had Terry take this photo of him with his bike.

I meet and bike with a man named Terry that was from Edmund, Alberta, Canada. This photo is of Ted and Terry at their Campsite in Genoa.

I meet and bike with a man named Terry that was from Edmund, Alberta, Canada. This photo is of Ted and Terry at their Campsite in Genoa.

This was an old Store at Cabbage Tree Creek. I don't think it was still used as a store.

This was an old Store at Cabbage Tree Creek. I don’t think it was still used as a store.

Ted's bike on the East Gippsland Rails to Trails bike trail. The trail was not paved, but was very easy to ride and beat cycling the traffic filed Pacific Highway.

Ted’s bike on the East Gippsland Rails to Trails bike trail. The trail was not paved, but was very easy to ride and beat cycling the traffic filed Pacific Highway.

Ted at the bottom of Stony Creek Trestle Bridge. This bridge is part of the East Gippsland rail to trail. The bridge is closed and you can only view the bridge from the bottom or behind a fence at the top on the west end. The east end of the bridge is missing.

Ted at the bottom of Stony Creek Trestle Bridge. This bridge is part of the East Gippsland rail to trail. The bridge is closed and you can only view the bridge from the bottom or behind a fence at the top on the west end. The east end of the bridge is missing.

This bird looks like a mix between an Australian Black Swan and a white Swan. The bird was seen from Nicholson Rail Trail Bridge on the East Gippsland Rail Trail.

This bird looks like a mix between an Australian Black Swan and a white Swan. The bird was seen from Nicholson Rail Trail Bridge on the East Gippsland Rail Trail.

Ted's bike on a bridge over Mitchell River in Bairnsdale

Ted’s bike on a bridge over Mitchell River in Bairnsdale

Sulphur Crested Cockatoo near campground in Bairnsdale

Court House in Bairnsdale

Court House in Bairnsdale

Dead Australian Blue Tongue lizard in road.

Dead Australian Blue Tongue lizard in road.

This bird looks like an Australian darter. It was seen next to the Pacific Highway.

This bird looks like an Australian darter. It was seen next to the Pacific Highway.

This man had Ted over for tea and was staying at Park Lane Tourist park for a week in this small trailer near Traralgon.

This man had Ted over for tea and was staying at Park Lane Tourist park for a week in this small trailer near Traralgon.

Ted's bike at the Train station in Melbourne

Ted’s bike at the Train station in Melbourne

Masked Lapwing seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong.

Masked Lapwing seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong.

Dusky Moorhen seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong.

Dusky Moorhen seen from Barwon River bike trail in Geelong.

Man holding dead Sting Ray in swimming area in Geelong

Man holding dead Sting Ray in swimming area in Geelong

Prison cells that made Fort Queenscliff famous in 1912 by placing several 15 year old kids in the cells for 3 months for not attending military service on Saturday afternoon.

Prison cells that made Fort Queenscliff famous in 1912 by placing several 15 year old kids in the cells for 3 months for not attending military service on Saturday afternoon.

Black lighthouse in Fort Queenscliff. This is one of the only black lighthouses in the world.

Black lighthouse in Fort Queenscliff. This is one of the only black lighthouses in the world.

Vue Grand Hotel in Queenscliff

Vue Grand Hotel in Queenscliff

I saw several sign for selling manure - cow, sheep and horse. This was the best price I saw for poo.

I saw several sign for selling manure – cow, sheep and horse. This was the best price I saw for poo.

Ted's bike waiting for boat at Queenscliff. I took this ferry to Sorrento

Ted’s bike waiting for boat at Queenscliff. I took this ferry to Sorrento

Ted's bike on the boat from Queenscliff to Sorrento

Ted’s bike on the boat from Queenscliff to Sorrento

Incumbent Biker that Ted met near Sorrento

Incumbent Biker that Ted met near Sorrento

Cape Barren Goose near Cowes on Phillips Island

Cape Barren Goose near Cowes on Phillips Island

Penguin visitor center on Phillips Island

Penguin visitor center on Phillips Island

Rainbow Lorikeet on Phillips Island

Rainbow Lorikeet on Phillips Island

Squid at Cowes on Phillips Island

Squid at Cowes on Phillips Island

Trolley Car in Melbourne

Trolley Car in Melbourne

Black Australian Swan in the Yarra River in Melbourne

Black Australian Swan in the Yarra River in Melbourne

This is the room of a house that overlooking the east end of the Great Ocean Road.

This is the room of a house that overlooking the east end of the Great Ocean Road.

Here's Ted near the sign pointing to Teddy's Lookout near Lorne

Here’s Ted near the sign pointing to Teddy’s Lookout near Lorne

Ted and Andrea saw this Echidna crossing the road in Lorne. It was in someone's front yard and would not let Ted get a photo of its face.

Ted and Andrea saw this Echidna crossing the road in Lorne. It was in someone’s front yard and would not let Ted get a photo of its face.

This was the first Kangaroo Ted saw on this trip to Australia. It was in someone's front yard in Lorne, Andrea and Ted thought it was going to go into the dog house.

This was the first Kangaroo Ted saw on this trip to Australia. It was in someone’s front yard in Lorne, Andrea and Ted thought it was going to go into the dog house.

This was the first Koala Bear Ted saw in the wild. It was near Kennet River. This is the one that moved the most and Ted was able to get a great short movie of it climbing the tree.

This was the first Koala Bear Ted saw in the wild. It was near Kennet River. This is the one that moved the most and Ted was able to get a great short movie of it climbing the tree.

Most of the Koala Bear Ted saw near Kennet River were sleeping like this one. They sleep for 18 hours a day.

Most of the Koala Bear Ted saw near Kennet River were sleeping like this one. They sleep for 18 hours a day.

Another Koala Bear sleeping in a tree near Kennet River

Another Koala Bear sleeping in a tree near Kennet River

Koala Bear near road close to Apollo. The bus in the background is parked on the shoulder of the Great Ocean Road.

Koala Bear near road close to Apollo. The bus in the background is parked on the shoulder of the Great Ocean Road.

A zoomed in photo of the Koala bear in the above photo.

A zoomed in photo of the Koala bear in the above photo.

Ted and Andrea at the entrance to Otway Fly Tree Top Walk

Ted and Andrea at the entrance to Otway Fly Tree Top Walk

Tower behind Ted at Otway Fly Tree Top Walk. The tower is 47 meter over the forest floor.

Tower behind Ted at Otway Fly Tree Top Walk. The tower is 47 meter over the forest floor.

Photo of Andrea taken by Ted while he is in the room of the 47 meter tower.

Photo of Andrea taken by Ted while he is in the room of the 47 meter tower.

Ted reading the trail guide on the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk.

Ted reading the trail guide on the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk.

Andrea on the trail leaving Otway Fly Tree Top Walk

Andrea on the trail leaving Otway Fly Tree Top Walk

View of the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk looking up from the forest floor.

View of the Otway Fly Tree Top Walk looking up from the forest floor.

Ted at the Big Tree near Otway Fly Tree Top trail

Ted at the Big Tree near Otway Fly Tree Top trail

Andrea and Ted with 12 Apostles

Andrea and Ted with 12 Apostles

The Arch near the Great Ocean Road

The Arch near the Great Ocean Road

The London Bridge rock formation near the Great Ocean Road. Supposedly their used to be a land bridge between the main land and the arch. When the land bridge broke some tourist were on the arch and had to be rescued by helicopter

The London Bridge rock formation near the Great Ocean Road. Supposedly their used to be a land bridge between the main land and the arch. When the land bridge broke some tourist were on the arch and had to be rescued by helicopter

This rock formation is called the Grotto and is near Peterborough off the Great Ocean Road

This rock formation is called the Grotto and is near Peterborough off the Great Ocean Road

Rock tower at the Bay of Martyrs or Bay of Islands.

Rock tower at the Bay of Martyrs or Bay of Islands.

Historic Vehicles in grass field at the motel (Central motel) we stay in at Port Fairy

Historic Vehicles in grass field at the motel (Central motel) we stay in at Port Fairy

Historic Vehicles near car show in Port Fairy

Historic Vehicles near car show in Port Fairy

Pied Oyster Catcher Surfer at beach in Port Fairy

Pied Oyster Catcher Surfer at beach in Port Fairy

Surfer at beach in Port Fairy

Surfer at beach in Port Fairy

Kangaroo with baby in pouch at Tower Hills State Game Reserve. It had just rained and the kangaroos were drinking water off the roads.

Kangaroo with baby in pouch at Tower Hills State Game Reserve. It had just rained and the kangaroos were drinking water off the roads.

A pair of Kangaroo at Tower Hill

A pair of Kangaroo at Tower Hill

Koala bear with its young at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Koala bear with its young at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Emu at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Koala bear at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Koala bear at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Kangaroo at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Kangaroo at Tower Hill State Game Reserve

Australian Magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen tibicen) at Tower Hill State Game Reserve.

Australian Magpie (Gymnorhina tibicen tibicen) at Tower Hill State Game Reserve.